Schedule & Fees
Weekly Classes at a glance:
|Open Mat: 10:00am-12pm||Basic: 6:00am – 7:00am||Basic: 6:00am – 7:00am||Children: 9:15am – 10:15am|
|Zen Meditation:12:30-2:00pm||Basic: noon – 1:00pm||Basic: noon – 1:00pm||Advanced: 10:30am – noon|
|Advanced Children: 5:30pm – 6:30pm
Basic: 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Advanced: 7:30pm – 8pm
|Children: 6:00pm – 7:00pmBasic: 7:00pm – 8:00pm
Advanced: 8:00pm – 8:30pm
|Intermediate: 7:00pm – 8:30pm||Basic Weapons: 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Basic:7:00pm – 8:00pm
- Monday: 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm (for more mature / advanced children)
- Wednesday: 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:15 am – 10:15 am
Note: during the winter months or periods of inclement weather, kids class will be cancelled per the Madison School District school closings; please check the Facebook page for cancellation information.
Open to all levels of experience
- Monday: 6:00 am – 7:00 am / 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Tuesday: 12 noon – 1:00 pm
- Wednesday: 6:00 am – 7:00 am / 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Thursday: 12 noon – 1:00 pm
- Friday: 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm (weapons) / 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Introduction to Aikido course
Held twice a year; runs for four weeks. Beginners can attend any of the Basic classes listed above during the four weeks. The next Introduction course will begin February 6, 2017 (see details).
Intermediate & Advanced Classes
5th kyu and up or with approval of instructor
- Monday: 7:30 pm – 8 pm
- Tuesday: 5:30 pm – 6:25 pm
- Wednesday: 8:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Thursday: 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Saturday: 10:30 am – noon
Note: The dojo is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas day. Other holidays may have adjusted hours. Please check our Facebook page for cancellation information or schedule changes.
Beginning December 6th – we will host a new Zen meditation group. Meido Moore Roshi, abbot of Korinji Rinzai Zen monastery and guiding teacher of the Madison Rinzai Zen Community will lead practice at the dojo weekly, on Sundays from 12:30-2pm.
Formal Zen practice including meditation (zazen), chanting (okyo) and individual interviews with the teacher (dokusan) will be conducted. We will also practice the internal energy cultivation exercises transmitted in the Rinzai Zen lineage. All are welcome! Beginners will be given instruction to meet their needs and conditions. Each meeting ends with open discussion.
Current members of Aikido of Madison may attend this weekly training free of charge. Others are requested to give a suggested donation of $10 to support the dojo.
(Effective 1 Jan 2017, New Fee Schedule. See below)
- Regular: $75/month
- Student: $55/month
- Introduction to Aikido course: $50/month
- Main member pays full fee; all others are half price.
- Yearly Aikido of Madison membership dues:
- $15 (adult)
- $10 (children)
- Yearly ASU membership dues:
- $45 (kyu )
- $75 (dan)
- Kyu tests: $30 for 5th kyu (first test); $45 for all others – see our requirements for Kyu Ranks list here [PDF]
- Dan tests: determined at time of exam